Full-Time Mill Associate
Pleasant Grove Farms is looking for help in our mill facility. We’re an organic farm and milling operation near Sacramento, CA. We’ve been family owned and operated since 1946, so we really care about our products! Currently, we farm over 3,000 acres of certified organic land, and everything we produce is organic. In our mill facility, we clean dry beans and grains to customer specifications.
We are currently hiring a Full-Time Mill Associate in Pleasant Grove, CA.
Mill Associates help us turn harvested beans, wheat, popcorn, and corn into products you’d see in your grocery store, restaurant, or movie theater. We’re in bulk bins, frozen food products, and farmer’s markets. Flexibility is key! One day you’ll be using a tablet to track items in our custom inventory system, another day you’ll be helping us package popcorn into 50 lb bags onto a pallet and preparing them for shipment to Japan! This is a fast-paced environment with lots of mechanical equipment. Noise level varies and can sometimes be loud. Spanish is a plus! Ability to work weekends as necessary preferred.
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Start up and stop equipment.
- Clean and sanitize production/ packing area per cleaning/ sanitizing
- Sweep, & remove debris from floors and walls
- Load and unload items from machines, boxes
- Record data on a tablet
- Pour grains and beans into machine hopper.
- Take instructions from supervisors.
- Attach appropriate labels and tags to products and packages.
- Pack finished goods into correct packages and boxes. Load on pallet take
finished products to shipping.
- Notify supervisor of any mechanical or material issues.
- Do checks on products per checklist to make sure products going out up
- Move grains and beans in grain boxes using forklift (forklift certification preferred, but can be obtained on the job).
The description above represents the most significant essential duties of the job but does not exclude other occasional work assignments not mentioned.
Education / Special Skills / Experience / Training
- EDUCATION: High School Diploma, or equivalent (GED), required.
- EXPERIENCE: 1 year warehouse experience preferred. Some agriculture experience preferred.
- SKILLS: Read and take direction in English. Knowledge of Google Docs and familiarity with using Android apps preferred.
- CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSE: Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be at least 18 years old
Physical / Mental Characteristics of the Position and Environmental Factors of the Workplace
- Ability to read, write, and give and receive instructions
- Ability to stand and walk 10-12 hours per day
- Ability to perform repetitive movements
Please send a resume with cover letter to email@example.com